Tuesday, January 14, 2014

a couple of journal pages

For some reason it's been hard for me to get back into my creative routines during this new year, but I finally did some art journaling yesterday and it felt really good to be back at it. I'm sorry it took me so long to do any blogging, it feels good to be back at that as well.
These pages are kind of a mix from december and now.
This first spread was from Simple Abundance about writing a letter for the new year, so I tucked that inside an envelope and attached it with a paperclip. It will be fun to read it next year.

On these pages the inspiration was about home and retreats and what that means for me, my journal also feels like a retreat which is why I'm glad to be back at it. also a list of three activities that relax me...
art journaling
reading
nature sketching

Happy new year everyone I hope it's been a good one so far.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best too.
    It was a pleasure meeting you this year.
    I love the idea of the letter..I have 4 books with letters tucked in..in various ways and they charm me..not written by me:0
    This is a treasure Jenni.
    So feminine and graceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique
      I have loved meeting you to :)
      The letter is sort of what I hope can happen this year, my wishes.
      I love the idea of having letters tucked into various places.
      Have a great week

      Delete
  2. Dear Jenni - What a wonderful idea about writing a letter. Those three things that help you relax really show up nicely in your lovely journal pages. I am sure when the weather gets warmer there will be even more nature ones...such a beautiful place for a retreat. So nice of you to share it too! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romantic style, & cute. Wish I could take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your style. I have a new sort of everything inspiration journal that I'm about to start working on and this is very much the style I want. Thank you for sharing. Wish I could spend hours pouring over your pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am such a fan of your blog and your style so I was very excited to see a comment from you :) Hope you share some photos of your inspiration journal, I love the photos of your December journal.

      Delete