I will show a few photos and then instructions at the end...
- first I gut the book by cutting out the pages with an exacto, along the front seam where they attach and then the back, leaving just the hardcover and spine intact.
- then i cover the book with the images i want and i like to use washi tape on the spine.
- cut or tear your paper down to size and create the signatures , i usually do three or four sheets per signature and about four signatures.
- fold each sheet and use a bone folder to smooth, then gather the sheets in a stack and clip them
- measure for the holes, i do every inch
- poke the holes along each signature and and on the book spine too
- use embroidery thread through a large needle and begin at the bottom going up the spine in and out and then down and tie a double knot when you reach the bottom.