Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A few sewing projects

This week I bought the new magazine 'Tilda's Homemade Ideas'. It came with the materials and instructions to make the little floral and polka dot purse with a lining inside. I haven't ever done a lot of sewing but the templates and instructions were so good and made it easy to understand, so when I completed that project I made the pencil case that was in the magazine, I just had to buy the fabric this time. It was a little harder especially adding the zipper, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I've been wanting a pencil case for awhile now so I was really excited to find the instructions for it in the magazine.
I also sewed together a paper journal with little bits of paper and images sewn in, and then I bound it together with a simple binding.


A spread in the journal with part of an envelope,(I will add things in that later)a picture of a pretty fabric heart and other bits of paper

Upclose shot of the pencil case with a heart pendant that I added to the zipper

No comments:

Post a Comment