Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Working on my Inner Excavate Journal

This week I'm posting about my Inner Excavate Along journal, I'm a few weeks behind and doing my best to get caught up. I put together a long narrow journal with watercolor paper and I cropped old photos into 2" squares using photos of things I love, my favorite places and people ,my favorite activities. On the front part of the journal I used larger photos for the self portrait images and then added in other pretty things and words like "on my journey", "Welcome to my Garden", "making art in my studio", and "books".

I used K&Company chipboard letters for an impromptu title "inner excavate"

This photo shows almost the full length of the journal when its open with a layout of 4 photos on each page. The first couple of pages have more current photos of things I love right now like pansies, butterflies, art journaling, paintbrushes in a pretty pitcher, my favorite coffee cup and more.


This is me holding a pansy which has always been one of my favorite flowers and  'symbols'.
There was also a paragraph  that I liked this week from Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift From the Sea
"And then to work, behind closed doors neither of us would want to invade. What release to write so that one forgets oneself, forgets one's companion, forgets where one is or what one is going to do next-to be drenched on work as one is drenched in sleep or in the sea. Pencils and pads and curling blue sheets alive with letters heap up on the desk. And then, pricked by hinger, we rise at last in a daze, for a late lunch. Reeling a little form our intense absorbtion, we come back with relief to the small chores of getting lunch, as if they were lifelines to reality- as if we had indeed almost drowned in the sea of intelectual work and welcomed the form ground of physical action under our feet."


3 comments:

  1. I just love what you've done, Jennifer! The Lindbergh quote is beautiful too. I absolutely love pansies too. :)

    ReplyDelete